Thursday, December 9, 2010

Something to do with Turkey Leftovers

I am a secret meat eater, but only two people in my family know, my mom and dad. I became a vegetarian at age 16 as a rebellion and now I still wear this as a badge of willpower and honor even though I am secretly eating bison, ostrich, elk and venison every week. I enjoy oxtail soup like water and because I'm a Jew I will never be turning down chopped chicken liver with schmaltz.


I have some turkey from Thanksgiving and as a I cannot eat wheat or gluten, soy, corn or milk products there are times that I get strong cravings for comfort foods. Lo and behold the substitution method. This weekend I have come up with a way to mimic the taste and look of a traditional Turkey Pot Pie, but instead I use only coconut flour and guar gum as the crust. I made Turkey Pot Pie Muffins and Turkey Pot Pie Mini Calzones. The recipe works for both. I hate typing directions so here are the ingredients, nutrition facts and pictures:


Ingredients:


-20g Turkey breast or dark meat, cut into small strips
-1/4 c. chicken broth
-3g golden flaxseed meal
-3 TBSP light unsweetened coconut milk
-28g coconut flour
-43g egg white
-24g red onion, chopped
-1/4 c. each chopped broccoli florets, shitake and oyster mushrooms
-3g guar gum
-1 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp parsley
-1/2 tsp black pepper
-1/2 tsp sea salt
-1 packet stevia





Samantha V. ♥✌♡✌♥

No comments:

Post a Comment